Monday 6 September 2010

10 Cal Chicken Soup

A little gem retailed by a certain Supermarket who's 90's comeback band's tune is now getting somewhat overplayed! However, it is a great find and whilst I would not use it as a soup.... (it would be like drinking soup water....) I have found it is a great stock and retailed at a fair price. This leads me on to my not so traditional risi e bisi (rice and peas). I always cook way to much rice for dinner and it ends up sitting in the back of my fridge until the starch starts to decompose and it needs the bin...
Then as a somewhat experimental cook I chucked the rice in with the stock (10 Cal Chicken Soup), some peas - preferably Petit Pois, garlic and olive oil (a very loose cheats version of the Italian Classic Risi E Bisi) in a pan and heated through. It resulted in a very comforting and warming dinner and of course very economical. Obviously if you want to go a bit Jamie Oliver-esque add some 'good' extra virgin olive oil and a grating of Parmesan!

No comments:

Post a Comment